Friday, March 26, 2010

Blog Along- Traveller

I feel like it's been a while since I traveled, but now that the weather is warming up, I'm sure Randy and I will be making more getaways on our weekends alone. I also have a trip to Canada planned in a few months!

5 things that make my life easier as a Traveller:

1. A large handbag- Whether it's for plane rides or in the car, having a large bag I can just chuck everything into is wonderful! I always have a bag large enough for my notebook, essentials, a water bottle, phone, sweater, magazines, snacks, etc.

2. My slippers- No matter where I go or how long I'll be staying, I always have my slippers packed! It's just one thing that helps to bring comfort in new place.

3. Eye mask- I always pack this, and it helps tremendously! Every new place is always so different, the sounds, the lights, the bed, so having complete darkness helps me to relax enough to fall asleep.

4. Snacks- I mentioned this above as something that is always in my bag, but with having 2 kids, when we travel, I always have plenty of snacks. Even if we try to stick to a routine of eating times, every place is different, everyone gets into a somewhat different routine. Even if I am travelling alone, I always have snacks. Often times when I'm flying, I don't get hungry enough for a meal, so snacks are a must!

5. Mix and match clothes- I won't say that I limit myself when I'm packing, but I always try to make sure I have different options for each item of clothing. A few tops for one sweater, accessories that will go with more than one outfit, etc.

6. Straws- I couldn't limit myself to 5 things this week. A friend just told me what she does when she travels, and I am so excited to try! She loops her necklaces through straws, and clasps them. That way they don't get tangled, they all lay flat and can fit into any case/carrier. What a great idea! I am so excited to try it out!

0 comments: