Monday, March 15, 2010

5 Things Blog Along- Wife

I am a bit late in posting this, I wasn't feeling good last week, so now I have to catch up. With all the things that make life difficult, it's nice to think about the things that make my life easier.

5 Things that make my life easier as a wife:

1. Every Other Weekend- The kids go to their mom's house every other weekend, and on those weekends, Randy and I get a chance to reconnect. We are so busy with our business and every day lives, that sometimes we feel as though we don't see each other until those weekends. And we always make the most of it, dinners out, shopping, sleeping in, watching movies, making breakfast together, walking on the beach, etc. Those weekends are times that we look forward to and cherish every minute of!

2. White stockings- And by this I mean, white thigh highs. This is a little out of the ordinary for me to discuss, but stockings in the bedroom are not only fun and sexy, but I don't have to worry about whether or not my legs need to be shaved or if I have enough lotion on my legs so they don't feel dry and scaly from the winter weather! And I say white because those are Randy's favorite. Try them! Not having to worry about smooth legs definitely makes life easier!

3. Our Business- While the business itself may not make our lives easier, I am grateful for the opportunity to work with my husband. Not all couples can do this, and it definitely takes hard work, but I love that I can see my husband everyday! I love that we get to have lunch together sometimes too, even if we are just sitting at our desks!

4. Cell phones- Without these, I would hardly talk to my husband some days. When I'm working late and he's home, or vice versa, cell phones are what keeps us connected on those long days we aren't together!

5. Water- Living so close to the beach, the ocean has always had such a special meaning for us. Whenever we can't decide what to do, Randy and I like to go for a walk on the pier or on the beach. Just looking at the water is so relaxing and calming, something we both could use more of! Some of our favorite memories are the times we've spent walking near or just looking at the water.

2 comments:

Chartering New Waters said...

Loved learning about your marriage! The white stockings are making me laugh! I'm glad you could reflect on what makes your life easier...I too get wrapped up in the craziness, this has been a great reminder of what DOES work for us!

knitpic said...

Ok, love the white hose idea! Thanks for sharing that one!