Due the changed blogger settings, you can now find me here:
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
My sister threatened to disown me if I did not join her blog hop. Ok, that is only partly true. She didn't threaten to disown me, but she did threaten!
Posted by Julie at 2:56 PM
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Posted by Julie at 2:39 PM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
I am way behind in blogging! I kind of lost my motivation, I even ignored Facebook and Twitter for awhile. With school about to start, I've really been trying to get reorganized for the new year. So here's to more blog posting!
Posted by Julie at 10:44 AM
Thursday, April 15, 2010
3. Begin, and stick to, a workout routine. Well, I started yoga and power walking a few weeks ago, but then I got the stomach bug for a week, so now I need to get back into this routine!
4. Lose 5-10lbs. Struggling with this one. I've completely changed how I eat and really limiting calories, but those weekend outings always get me!
5. Go on a family vacation, if #1 is completed. See #1.
6. Quit smoking. Not yet.
7. Go to church on a regular basis. Not yet.
8. Read one book a month. I'm halfway through 2 books right now, which I've been reading since Feb. I'm a little behind.
9. Finish the quilt I started over 5 yrs ago. Definitely not even close.
10. Work harder at seeing the good in every situation. I've been doing much better with this lately! As Hudson is getting older, he is really testing our limits lately. I'm trying to "pick my battles", as my Mom would always say.
11. Practice patience and gentleness with the kids, and spend more time with them. Working on this one daily!
12. Cook more than one meal a week. I'm lucky if I have time for one meal :(
13. Make more drastic changes to my diet and nutrition. I've made drastic changes, just need to reel in those weekend treats!
14. Reorganize my closet. I was just working on this the other night.
15. Take Dozer for a long walk at least once a week. Failed on this one, not even close! Well, there it is. And as I'm rereading what I've just written and admitted to, I'm not sure how I feel. In some areas, I feel like a failure. In others, I know I am doing my best. If nothing else, I can be proud while knowing I still have work to do!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Ooo baking! It's been a while since I've baked anything, but I do have a list of things that make baking easier!
5 things that make my life easier as a baker:
1. Kitchen Aid mixer- My grandma gave me her mixer a few years before she passed away, and it is something I treasure! Not only for the ease of mixing, but because I know how much she used it and loved it, all the wonderful treats she made using the mixer!
2. The Internet- Whenever I want new recipes ideas, there are tons of great websites all about baking!
3. Stackable cooling racks- I love these! They are especially great around the holidays when I make more cookies. If I'm running out of counter space, I just stack these puppies on top of each other!
4. The microwave- Since I normally don't have loads of time to just bake the day away, I never get a chance to let my butter soften to room temperature. So the microwave always comes in handy for that!
5. My apron- My mom got me an apron a few years ago and embroidered my name on it! So cute! And I tend to be a bit messy in the kitchen, I move a tad too fast and end up spilling things, so the apron has saved many an outfit!
Be sure to check out the other participants of this Blog Along:
Friday, March 26, 2010
I feel like it's been a while since I traveled, but now that the weather is warming up, I'm sure Randy and I will be making more getaways on our weekends alone. I also have a trip to Canada planned in a few months!
5 things that make my life easier as a Traveller:
1. A large handbag- Whether it's for plane rides or in the car, having a large bag I can just chuck everything into is wonderful! I always have a bag large enough for my notebook, essentials, a water bottle, phone, sweater, magazines, snacks, etc.
2. My slippers- No matter where I go or how long I'll be staying, I always have my slippers packed! It's just one thing that helps to bring comfort in new place.
3. Eye mask- I always pack this, and it helps tremendously! Every new place is always so different, the sounds, the lights, the bed, so having complete darkness helps me to relax enough to fall asleep.
4. Snacks- I mentioned this above as something that is always in my bag, but with having 2 kids, when we travel, I always have plenty of snacks. Even if we try to stick to a routine of eating times, every place is different, everyone gets into a somewhat different routine. Even if I am travelling alone, I always have snacks. Often times when I'm flying, I don't get hungry enough for a meal, so snacks are a must!
5. Mix and match clothes- I won't say that I limit myself when I'm packing, but I always try to make sure I have different options for each item of clothing. A few tops for one sweater, accessories that will go with more than one outfit, etc.
6. Straws- I couldn't limit myself to 5 things this week. A friend just told me what she does when she travels, and I am so excited to try! She loops her necklaces through straws, and clasps them. That way they don't get tangled, they all lay flat and can fit into any case/carrier. What a great idea! I am so excited to try it out!