Friday, March 19, 2010

5 Things Blog Along- Mom

So this week, the topic is 5 things that make my life easier as a mom. And as I'm writing this, Hudson is at the neurologist with Randy, getting checked out for his ever-constant headaches. I'm praying it's just allergies and that maybe he needs a stronger allergy medication. Or maybe it's just the humidity of the south. But he has been getting really bad headaches for years, and at such a young age, that is a hard thing for the lil guy to handle. Why, as a mother, do we always think it's the worst? I'm trying so hard to pray and be positive, but there's always that 'what if' thought. I will be sure to update once we find out more. So needless to say, I'm a bit of a worry wart this morning. This post comes at a nice time, taking time out each week to remember the things I am thankful for, things that make life easier, has come as quite a blessing to me.

5 Things that make my life easier as a mom:

1. My husband- On the top of my list, he is the most supportive and caring man. Such a great father. As my work load has increased, his has decreased. So with me spending enormous amounts of time at work, he has been able to pick up the slack at home. Whether it's grocery shopping, homework with the kids, putting laundry away, doing dishes, or scrubbing toilets, he has truly made this crazy schedule of mine much more bearable!

2. My Excursion- Having such a big truck comes in handy almost everyday! If the kids are fighting or are tired and need to spread out a bit, they each can have a whole bench to themselves! Let alone all the space for groceries!

3. A book- I can't even remember the title and as I'm sitting here amongst my worry, I will just tell you about it. It's about being a stepmom, being a Christian, being a working mom, etc. It talks about being a parent to your stepchildren, how to raise them without over stepping the bounds of not actually being a mom, how to love them and care for them as if they are my own. And all at the same time, not letting myself get lost in this craziness!

4. Warm weather- I won't lie and say I don't love the warm weather for myself, but it truly makes the kids happier when they can be outside, running around with their friends! And what mom doesn't love a happy child!?

5. My notebook/planner- This has saved us many times, between school lunches, field trips, parties, weekend plans, etc. Having everything in one place definitely makes life easier, and helps me not to forget important things!

0 comments: