Monday, February 1, 2010

Change is a-coming!

Well, tomorrow is another big day for me. And like I said, change is coming. A situation has been placed on my shoulders, and for the betterment of all involved, I have to make a significant change within my close circle. I cannot say exactly the situation, or those involved, but as I sit here and write this, all I hear in my head, yes I hear voices, are the lines from one of my favorite movies. Take it to the mattresses! It's not personal, it's business. Leave the gun, take the cannoli. Okay, that last one doesn't really make sense to me, but it's one I always remember. So if you read this before tomorrow morning, please pray that the situation will be handled smoothly. I know it won't go over well, but I can't avoid it any longer. And with this decision, ultimately, comes more work for me, longer hours, if that's possible, and taking things back to a smaller level. And I know that in the long run, the decision that has been made will benefit our company.

So as I sit here tonight, pondering and praying over the changes to come, I will leave you with one last quote; I hear nothing, not a sound on the city streets, just the beat of my own heart.

**Name that movie!**

4 comments:

Grasso10 said...

I love You've got Mail! Good luck! I will say an extra prayer for you! :)

Chartering New Waters said...

Brooke Totally Guessed it! You've Got Mail! A huge favorite! Praying for you, love you Sister!

Julie said...

Yay Brooke!

And just to follow up, today went ok. The full scope of the changes will take a few weeks, but I'm looking (and leaning) onward and upward!

knitpic said...

What a heavy load you carry, my baby. Love you and sorry you have to do some of the things you have to do. But, that makes you stronger!

Of course "You've Got Mail". Only the best movie EVER!

How about this line: She makes coffee nervous!